Extra! Extra! Read all about it!
Introducing the 3D EMBOSSING FOLDER PLATE
Stampin’ Up! is introducing a new 3D Embossing Folder Plate to work with our new-style 3D embossing folders.
A few months ago, we learned that Stampin’ Up! would be using a new supplier for our dies and embossing folders. Today, I am sharing with you the new 3D Embossing Folder Plate to work with our new-style 3D embossing folders (which are thinner than our old-style Dynamic folders).
The new plate will be available in early June 2019 and I will let you know soon as it is. Since we will all be started to collect some of the new embossing folders with the new catalog launch!
Die-cutting and embossing product line change reminders:
- All 3D embossing folders (previously named Dynamic) will be produced by our new supplier and made in the new style.
- All new 3D embossing folders (denoted with a “new” icon in the catalog) will be available to order beginning June 4, 2019.
- No carryover 3D embossing folders will be available to order beginning with the catalog launch but we will let you know when they are available to order.
- Keep in mind that with the new supplier the folders are manufactured differently; this means they’ll look a little different and the way you use the new style will be a little different than how you used the old style.
How to Use the New Plate
The new plate makes up the difference in measurement between our old-style Dynamic Folders and our new-style 3D Folders in 21 mm gap machines (similar to the Big Shot Machine we are all used to). The 3D Embossing Folder Plate replaces the Standard Cutting Pads in your 3D embossing folder sandwich for continued high-quality emboss results.
To create your emboss sandwich:
- Use a die-cutting & embossing machine platform as a base; no matter which machine you’re using, use the standard platform which comes with your machine.
- Use the 3D Embossing Folder with your paper in the middle.
- Then use the 3D Embossing Folder Plate on top.
Given the differences in machines and platforms, you may still have to add a shim to get your desired embossing results. (Tip: You can also spritz your paper before embossing to maximize your embossed impressions.)
New Embossing Plate vs. Shimming with Cardstock
Without the new 3D Embossing Folder Plate, you will need to use several shims with the Standard Cutting Pad in your 3D embossing folder sandwich, depending on the die-cutting & embossing machine you use. Most machines will need between three to five sheets of cardstock to shim.
Please be careful in how you shim; start out with fewer sheets first, then add sheets to get your desired results. Stampin’ Up! will not be responsible to replace products broken due to using a sandwich which is too thick for a machine.
Stay tuned for ordering availability.
3D Embossing Folder Plate
Item Number – 149658
Available – Early June
Of course, once I get one of these new plates and new 3D folders in my hold little crafting hands, I will be sure to use them in my Stampin’ Show & Tell Tutorials so you can see them in action.