A Little Hello for CTS#364
I think we can use a little bit of picking up these days. Especially finding ourselves staying at home! So today I have A Little Hello to share with all of you!
I played in the Case This Sketch Challenge #364 recently, and here is the quick and easy project I pulled together from what was literally laying on my craft table at the time.
Here is the sketch that CASE THIS SKETCH offered up this past week. It is actually their very first sketch from when they started their blog. You can see the sketch and all the entries from the design team and other crafters like you and me if you visit their blog.
A Little Hello for CTS#364 Project Details
I had a half sheet of Flirty Flamingo cardstock from a previous card project. The Coastal Weave 3D Embossing folder was on the table too! Some scrap designer series paper from the Tropical Oasis package. Bits and pieces of black and white cardstock, and a little edge die from the Painted Poppies coordinating dies, that didn’t get used on a prior project as well.
I decided to keep it simple and do a straight case of the sketch. Some circle in a row, and a simple sentiment. The variation in the sketch comes from using different sized circles and adding some flair with the edge-lit die, and the embossing folder for texture.
Tips & Techniques:
- To step up the enlarged circle around the Flamingo I added some texture.
- First I punched out a 1/4″ circle larger than the Flamingo DSP in Basic Black to spotlight the larger image.
- Then using only a small segment of the Painted Labels edge die, I added a little bit of flair to the bottom of the circle.
- Then I stamped by greeting from the Itty Bitty Greeting stamp set and used the Classic Label punch to shape it.
- For the sentiment, I wanted it not as large as the punch length. So first I punched out the sentiment with the words closer to one end of the opening on the punch.
- Then I inserted the punched out sentiment, from the opening of the punch. From the bottom, so I could see how it lined up. I inserted the longer end and trimmed it with the punch to match the spacing of the sentiment with the other end.
Quick List of Products for A Little Hello for CTS#364
Did you enjoy today’s article on the blog? Would you like treat your creative self to more stampin’ projects I share? Be sure to subscribe on the home page of the website. Each time I post an article… you will get an email directly delivered to you.