From the Archives…
Original Post Date: February 2017
Today I am sharing an project from my archives again. This one features a Sale-a-bration Set from 2017 – Avant Garden.
One of the wonderful features of this stamp set is that it has three image types…
- Main images (flowers)
- Background images (dots)
Which allows us to do many things with just one stamp set. The other wonderful feature about this set, is that is was CLEAR PHOTO-POLYMER, which allowed for two-step stamping of images, and no guess work!
Are you following along with the Weekly Mystery CASE Card Challenge? If you are this layout should look familiar. I grabbed my CASE Clues from for this weeks mystery from this past project. A card layout can be used over and over again, to create very different projects. You can see this weeks CASE Card here.
Avant Garden Stampin’ Show & Tell Demonstration
Project Details for Avant Garden Project
Materials & Measures:
- Old Olive 4 ¼ x 11
- Garden Green 3 ¼ x 4 ½
- Basic Black 3 x 3
- Whisper White 2 ¾ x 2 ¾
- Whisper White 2 ¾ x 2 (top flower – cut out)
- Whisper White 4 x 5 ¼ (inside)
- Whisper White Envelope
Tips & Techniques:
- For the flowers, stamp once on the cut out piece of whisper white, then stamp again without re-inking on the card front whisper white.
- For the baker’s twine, double up the strand, bring to the front of the card image and use a glue dot to help you tie the knot for the twine.
- For the background stamping, use the Versa-mark ink for a color on color effect or a water marked effect.
- If you want the background to really pop, use Basic Black or a darker coordinating color of your choice.
Quick Product Guide:
** Remember, this stamp set is retired and Rose Red is a retired color.
End of Catalog Retirement Time!
Once these items are sold out, they are GONE, GONE, GONE!!!
Catalog Ends June 2 2020
Last Chance Products – only available while supplies last.
Check out the blog post for some more details that could help you.
From the Archives Series…
I hope you find some inspiration in today’s project. If you want to learn more about my Archives Series link here to the index. You can find other projects there as well.
I’m celebrating my 15th year with Stampin’ Up!
As you can image I have lots of projects I can share… In this collection I offer tips & techniques and when possible, video demonstrations.