Balloons for CTS362
This is a SIP card project today. SIP – Stamps + Ink + Paper. With the added benefit of some simple scoring and some punched out balloons with the Balloon Bouquet Paper Punch. I also choose to use sentiments from the new Peaceful Moments stamp set featured in the Spring Catalog.
I created this card for the Case this Sketch Challenge #362. Take a look at their sketch, you can visit their blog directly through the image link here. Check out the other projects submitted as well.
Balloons for CTS362 Project Details
Materials & Measures:
- Granny Apple Green Cardstock – 11 x 4 1/4
- Whisper White Cardstock – 5 1/4 x 4
- Melon Mambo Cardstock – scrap balloon
- Mango Melody Cardstock – scrap balloon
- Bermuda Bay Cardstock – scrap balloon
- Granny Apple Green Cardstock – scrap balloon
- Whisper White Cardstock – 5 x 3 3 /4
- Whisper White Envelope
Tips & Techniques:
- Use the Simply Scored board to etch the triplet of score lines on the bottom of the Whisper White panel for the front of the card.
- I started at the bottom edge, and scored at 1/8 of an inch, three times.
- Then leave enough of a gap to allow for the sentiment to be stamped. Happy Birthday needed about 1 inch.
- Then repeat the triplet of score lines above the gap.
- For the thread on the balloons. I first adhered one end of the thread with a glue dot. Then wrapped the thread around the bottom of the balloon shape, and adhered it with another glue dot along the back to make the string come straight down.
- Then I added dimensionals to the balloons and added them to the card.
Quick List of Products:
Did you enjoy today’s article on the blog? Would you like treat your creative self to more stampin’ projects I share? Be sure to subscribe on the home page of the website. Each time I post an article… you will get an email directly delivered to you.