Today we are doing a 3D project! The Christmas Cracker Box project that Stampin’ Up! included in the Fall Holiday Catalog. Did you see it in the catalog with the Brightly Gleaming Suite of items? Well if you did, and really wondered how tough it might be to put together, you are in luck. You can watch me today on the Show & Tell video, and see just how it really goes together.
Christmas Cracker Box Project
On page 31 in the catalog, Stampin’ Up! shares these tips for the project.
- First score your DSP every 1 3/4 inches
- Then center the ornament punch and punch it at each fold.
- Tie ribbon in the punched area to cinch the box.
Stampin’ Show & Tell Video Tutorial
Now watch as I put my version of this project together. It really is fairly easy, and just think, you could do this for any occasion and with so many different options of DSP you have in your collections!
Materials & Measures & How To
- Brightly Gleaming DSP – 7 1/2 x 6 – scored at 1 3/4 increments.
- Seal the 1/2 inch overlap with adhesive.
- Punch on folded lines.
- Old Olive / Pretty Peacock Ribbon – 2 at 8 inches
- Cinch ends with ribbon.
- Very Vanilla Cardstock – 4 x 2 – for tag
- Pretty Peacock Cardstock – 3/4 x 2 – for tag
- Punch out tag with Delightful Tag Punch.
- Stamp sentiment and embellish.
- Add to the Cracker Box at the ribbon.
- Use scrap ornaments that were punched out to make a 3-D tag embellishment if you desire.
Quick List of Products:
Did you enjoy today’s article on the blog? Would you like treat your creative self to more stampin’ projects I share? Be sure to subscribe on the home page of the website. Each time I post an article… you will get an email directly delivered to you.