… from p61 – Christmas Wishes with Toile Christmas
Today I am sharing a Catalog Project card that features the Toile Christmas stamp set. Some of you may have this set from the Holiday collection released last year; now you can find it in our Annual catalog.
I decided to share this project today, because I felt like it fit into our Mystery CASE challenge for this week. The original idea of having a long element that was dressed up with a simple paper ribbon. A stepped up idea would be to add some die cut elements for embellishment.
Let’s take a look at this wonderful sample…
Christmas Wishes with Toile Christmas Project Details
Christmas Wishes with Toile Christmas Tips & Technique Tricks:
- Complementary Colors: I believe the card base is Misty Moonlight, which is a complementary color to the Night of Navy in the In Good Taste DSP panel.
- Die Cutting Embellished Panel: Look closely at the Misty Moonlight panel on the front of the card. Can see that a scroll pattern has been die cut along the left hand side? This adds a bit of detail.
- Blend Coloring: The image of the cardinal is stamped with Memento Ink (recommended for BLEND marker coloring). The dark and light Real Red BLEND are used to color the image. When I color with BLENDS I usually start with the LIGHT marker. Then add shading with the DARK one or just add more layers of the light. The beak is colored with Daffodil Delight.
- Die Cutting Images: All the elements are die cut using the coordinating Christmas Cardinal Dies. The sprigs are cut from Old Olive and Mossy Meadow. The Scroll was cut from Silver Foil.
- Heat Embossed Sentiment: The sentiment was heat embossed on Night of Navy. First stamp with Versa-mark ink, dust with White embossing powder, and heat set with the Heat Tool. It too was die cut with the coordinating dies.
Christmas Wishes with Toile Christmas List of Products:
If you are shopping online, and your order is under $150, please use the host code. As a thank you, I will send you a hand-stamped card! Plus you will be invited to join my Exclusive Customer Group on Facebook! & have access to all my shared tutorials.