Embrace Each Moment for FMS439
Okay, I just had to use my new stamp set Embrace Each Moment from the new 2020 – 2021 Stampin’ Up! catalog. I decided to do a project with my watercolor pencils, which I hadn’t used in a while. Both the image and the background were done with ink and pencil.
So here is the sketch offered up by the Freshly Made Sketches Blog. You can see their post and all the other ideas shared along with it. Just follow the link – FMS439.
Embrace Each Moment for FMS439 Project Details
Here we have all the pieces before they were assembled.
The Main Image
- I started by stamping the image with Early Espresso Ink on to watercolor paper. Actually I stamped the ink off a couple of times to make it lighter.
- Then I added color to the image with my Watercolor Pencils. Followed by smoothing them out with my Blender Pen.
- Next I decided I didn’t want the surrounding area to be blank of color. So I added Bermuda Bay pencil and blended it out as well.
The background / face of the card
- I wanted the card front to match the texture of the watercolor paper. So I embossed it with the new Tasteful Textile embossing folder.
- Then I wanted to add the watercolor wash feel to it as well. So with my Aqua Painter and Bermuda Bay ink, I added some very diluted ink to the card front.
- Then I decided to add a bit of Daffodil Delight color as well. When the Bermuda Bay was dry. I added Daffodil Delight pencil and blended it in with my Blender Pen.
- The sketch called for an offset mount. I decided to emboss a piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock with the same embossing folder.
- Then I wanted the card, image and sentiment to be mounted as well. All got a Bermuda Bay frame.
Quick List of Products:
Did you enjoy today’s article on the blog? Would you like treat your creative self to more stampin’ projects I share? Be sure to subscribe on the home page of the website. Each time I post an article… you will get an email directly delivered to you.