Medley Only Available May 2019 – or while supplies last!
Today I am sharing another fabulous project created with the Everything Rosy Medley. This was created by the design team at Stampin’ Up! Due to the short window of opportunity to purchase this new medley product, there is very little time for me to order, receive and create samples of my own. So I will share the design teams instead.
Here we have a simple card & a fun handmade envelope. I will take you through the steps as best I can here. This is how I would re-create this project.
I would guess this is a smaller card than standard size. Maybe 2 1/2 x 3 3/4 inches. There is no rule to what size your cards have to be. Sometimes it is fun to create in a different size than usual!
- Start with a cardstock base (5 x 3 3/4) score at 2 1/2 and fold to create the base.
- Then add a selection of designer series paper to the face of the folded card.
- A quick label from the die cuts in the medley, a bow with the white baker’s twine.
- Then stamp and die cut the leaf and flower image from the stamp set with the die cuts.
The envelope is created from another sample of the designer series paper. To figure out your measures for the envelope, think about these things.
- The card is 3 3/4 inches long . So your envelope will need a folded flap at each end. One end sealed and the other end open. I would add 1 inch for the bottom fold and one inch for the top fold. You might want to add 1 1/4 inches to the top measure to allow for the card to fit and have a little extra length in the envelope. That brings our total length to 6 inches.
- The width of your card is 2 1/2 inches. So we need at least double this width – that brings us to 5 inches. But you also need an overlapping seam to seal the envelope shut, so add 1/2 inch more – so now we are at 5 1/2 inches. You also want to add a gap space for the card to slide in and out easily. I would suggest 1/2 inch – so our total envelope width should be 6 inches.
- So start with a designer series paper sample that is at 6 x 6 inches. Score across one direction at 1 inch (bottom flap) and 4 3/4 inches (top flap). Then turn your paper 90 degrees and score at 1 5/8 inches and 4 3/8 inches. Use your bone folder to crease all your score lines.
- Now fold your 6 x 6 designer series paper into your envelope. One the end with the 1 1/4 score for the top open flap, you can use your paper snips and trim off the end rectangles. (1 1/4 x 1 5/8) & (1 1/4 x 4 3/8) Then if you want to shape your closure flap you can do that as well.
- Seal along the long seam that overlaps by 1/2 inch. Seal the bottom 1 inch flap. To add the closure, just paper punch 3/4 inch circles from Night of Navy cardstock, and use our brads to secure them. Then use the White Baker’s Twine to seal!
The Medley Components
Quick List of Products used in this project:
If your order is greater than $150, omit the code, and enjoy your Stampin Reward Dollars. ALL shoppers are entered in the end of the month drawing.