Open House Project Show & Tell
This card features the Floral Essence stamp set and the coordinating Designer Series Paper. We did this project at my World Card Making Day Open House event. It is a card I saw shared on Facebook by another demonstrator in one my many card groups.
It is a simple fold of the DSP to create the two layer panel on the front. Add a sentiment in a coordinating color, and embellish with the punched out flower. Fairly simple, but unique in it’s own way.
Floral Essence Photo Tutorial
Floral Essence Card Tips!
Tip 1 – fancy fold panel
- When you fold your corner of DSP back I used my grid sheet to measure 1 .25 inches along the top. Then folded my corner so that my edge came down parallel to the side of the full panel of DSP.
- Apply snail to back of panel and position on face of the card.
Tip 2 – flower embellishment
- Stamp the flower image twice, with two petals along your bottom edge. It will line up with your coordinating paper punch that way.
- Then apply snail to one flower and position over the second flower.
- Apply a simple dimensional to the back of the flower embellishment.
- Keep for front of the card.
Tip 3 – front of the card
- First, you want to secure your folded flap with a bit of snail underneath.
- Then add that flower embellishment to the corner.
- Stamp you sentiment.
- Add the fuzzy yellow flower center. It is self adhesive.
Tip 4 – center and envelope
- For the center of the card, stamp you sentiment.
- Then add the 3/4 inch scrap of DSP that is left over from when you cut your front panel of the card.
- For the envelope, I stamped the flower image again.
- Stamp it one time.
- Then since it is photopolymer, you can see through the block to stamp the second image, just where you want it.
Floral Essence Project Materials & Measures:
- 100# Whisper White Cardstock – 8 1/2 x 5 1/2
- Perennial Essence DSP – 4 x 51/4
- Perennial Essence DSP – 4 x 3 /4
- Crushed Curry Cardstock – 4 1/4 x 2 1/2
- Whisper White Envelope
Quick List of Products used in this project:
Online Host Code – XT3CCBTY
Did you enjoy today’s article on the blog? Would you like treat your creative self to more stampin’ projects I share? Be sure to subscribe on the home page of the website. Each time I post an article… you will get an email directly delivered to you.