Good Things for GDP230
Today I am sharing a project that I created using the recent Global Design Project Sketch. I used the Tasteful Textures Bundle which features the Tasteful Textures stamp set and Tasteful Backgrounds dies.
I have been using the Garden Lane DSP this month in my projects. All those lovely greens seemed appropriate for the month of March! So I let the colors in the papers guide my cardstock and ink choices.
The panel of DSP I choose for this card got paired with Mint Macaron for Cardstock and Garden Green for the ink color. Then I was also able to the the Basic Sequins in the iridescent color to add just a bit of bling!
Here is the offered sketch. You can link direct to their challenge blog to see all the other projects entered as well.
Good Things for GDP230 Project Details
Materials & Measures:
- BASE – Mint Macaron cardstock – 5 1/2 x 8 1/2
- FRONT PANEL – Garden Lane DSP – 3 3/4 x 5 1/2
- DIE CUT – Mint Macaron cardstock – 3 1/4 x 3 1/4
- LINER FOR DIE CUT FRONT – Whisper White cardstock – 3 1/2 x 3 1/2
- SENTIMENT – Whisper White cardstock – 1 x 2 3/4
- BACK SENTIMENT – Garden Green cardstock – 1 1/8 x 2 7/8
- CENTER – Whisper White cardstock – 3 3/4 x 5
- Whisper White Envelope
Tips & Techniques:
- I die cut the stitched circle out of the DSP panel for the face of the card, and then lined the opening with Whisper White cardstock to give it a contrast to the card base.
- I then die cut the filigree image with the coordinating dies from the Mint Macaron panel and also die cut it with the matching stitched circle framelit.
- Then layer up your panels and add dimensionals to the Mint Macaron circle to give a bit of dimension and shadow on the face of the card.
Online Host Code – HG2H944C
Quick Product List:
Did you enjoy today’s article on the blog? Would you like treat your creative self to more stampin’ projects I share? Be sure to subscribe on the home page of the website. Each time I post an article… you will get an email directly delivered to you.