See A Silhouette Catalog Highlight
Today I will share the secrets of the Grand Adventures Card from the annual catalog. I think it is another beautiful sample of combining designer series paper, dies, and embossing. This card today uses two samples of See A Silhouette DSP, one for the background and one for the die cut branch. We add a watercolor wash on a piece of Shimmer White cardstock, and then heat embosses the image of the two children on top. A little ribbon and a sentiment tag, and your project can be complete.
Catalog Highlight – a skinny tutorial of samples found in the catalog.
Supply Prep for Great Adventures Card:
It appears to me that this card may be smaller than our usual card size. Our usual card size would be 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 when folded.. So to account for the difference, I am scaling down my suggested supply sizes. You of course can scale your supplies however you like… “It’s your card, make it your way!”
- Shimmer White Cardstock – 8 x 10 1/2, scored at 4
- See A Silhouette DSP Purple Sample – 4 x 5 1/4
- See A Silhouette DSP Crushed Curry – 4 1/4 x 5 1/2
- Shimmer White Cardstock – 3 x 2 3/4
- Granite Gray Cardstock – Scrap – large enough for sentiment
- Crushed Curry Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon – 10 inches
Tips & Technique:
Watercolor Wash then Heat Emboss
- Start with your Shimmer White cardstock and use your Aqua Painter to apply Blueberry Bushel & Gorgeous Grape ink to create a watercolor wash background. Let dry completely.
- Now stamp images in Versa-mark, add Shimmer Black Embossing Powder and heat set. When you add this embossing powder, some of the glitter remains on the paper, do not blow it off until after you heat set the main image.
- On the Gray Granite Cardstock you will stamp and emboss with the White Emboss powder your sentiment. Cut the flagged end either with your Paper Snips or use the Triple Banner Punch.
- The Purple DSP sample will cover your card front completely. Layer that first.
- Now with the See A Silhouettes Thinlits cut the tree image from the Crushed Curry pattern of DSP. Add that to the card.
- Then add the Crushed Curry Seam Binding.
- Then the image and sentiment will layer nicely with dimensionals.
Quick List of Products used in this project:
If you are shopping online, and your order is under $150, please use the host code. As a thank you, I will send you a hand-stamped card! Plus you will be invited to join my Exclusive Customer Group on Facebook! & have access to all my shared tutorials.
Current Online Host Code
I shared another sample from this collection yesterday. Take a peek here.