From the Archives…
Happy Birthday Thinlit Triple Play
Original Post Date: June 2017
So keeping with my DSP with Sentiment theme this week, I am sharing another archive project with you. This one features the Happy Birthday Thinlit Die and the Daisy Delight stamp set with the coordinating Daisy Punch. At the time of this creation, we also had lovely coordinating DSP which was used for the project. It is now retired. But all the other items are currently available.
This was a fun project because we not only layered DSP with Vellum cardstock on the face of the project. We also used the Daisy punch to create a full blossom in bright Daffodil Delight!
Then for the Triple Play on the Happy Birthday Thinlit! We layered three die cut pieces together with liquid adhesive to make a multi dimensional and multi colored sentiment.
Here’s the video demonstration for you viewing. I take you through the project, start to finish… just like I would if we were stamping togethter.
Materials & Measures:
- 100# Whisper White 4 ¼ x 11 (score at 5 ½ ) – opens at right.
- Daffodil Delight 4 x 5 ¼
- DSP 3 ¾ x 5
- Vellum 3 ½ x 4 ¾
- Night of Navy 3 ½ x 3 ¼ (Happy Birthday Thinlit)
- Daffodil Delight 3 ½ x 3 ¼ (Happy Birthday Thinlit)
- 100# Whisper White 3 ½ x 3 ¼ (Happy Birthday Thinlit)
- Whisper White 5 ½ x 3 (Daisy Punch x 2)
- Envelope: Whisper White
Tips & Techniques:
- When adding your layer of vellum, be strategic about your placement of adhesive. You will see it through the layer. I “hid” mine behind the flower and sentiment elements.
- Does your die stick to our cardstock sometimes? Try using a WAX Paper layer between the die and the cardstock. It helps to release the die.
- To apply the liquid glue for this project, I did use the stampin’ sponge. It allowed me to not have TOO MUCH between the layers, but enough for placement and adherent.
- When layering your daisies, off set the petals. Then lift some of the petals to create a fuller effect.
Quick List of Supplies:
** Remember, the DSP Delightful Daisy is retired. But all other items are still available.**
Have you played in the Card Candy Challenge yet this month?
Learn all about the April Paper Craft Stash! Challenge.
Play along with us in the Mystery Card Challenges for May!
From the Archives Series…
I hope you find some inspiration in today’s project. If you want to learn more about my Archives Series link here to the index. You can find other projects there as well.
I’m celebrating my 15th year with Stampin’ Up!
As you can image I have lots of projects I can share… In this collection I offer tips & techniques and when possible, video demonstrations.