Welcome to a fun day of paper crafting and sharing. Trying something new this year, by participating in a Blog Hop! Which means I link my post to another crafty blog, and you get to hop around with me to see lots of project ideas all at once. Doesn’t that just sound fun, fun, fun. I am sharing this new project – Happy Birthday with Peaceful Poppies for my project today. The Blog Hop theme for January is Something New, and this is new in the Spring Stampin’ Up! Catalog.
Happy Birthday with Peaceful Poppies
Today on the Show & Tell I have this bright and beautiful card project to share with all of you. From the new Spring Mini Catalog, I have chosen the Peaceful Poppies DSP as my focal point image. I really love the bright colors in this paper set. The coordinating colors are a wonderful combination.
Peaceful Poppies Coordinating Colors
Happy Birthday with Peaceful Poppies
So with the mission to create with new product from the Spring Mini, I started with the Peaceful Poppies Suite. All that color and those fun images and the font of the sentiments really called to me. And I will be honest with you, Poppy Parade is not a favorite color of mine, at all! But when done in these prints, I really fell in love with it. I guess for me, if there is enough mixed in with it, I do enjoy it.
Peaceful Poppies Suite
Theme & Card Layout
Being the start of the new year, I always try and make up a bunch of birthday themed cards to have ready to send out. So the theme was easy for me to decide on.
Next I had to decide how to layout my card. I have used this design many times in the past. One of the things I like most about it is the large border around the center focal point. It’s easy to use DSP for that center section or stamp yourself a small image as well. I usually back that center point with a frame of cardstock. Then add an embellishment and the sentiment tag in the lower right corner.
Card Project Details
Materials & Measures:
- Thick Whisper White Cardstock – 8 1/2 x 5 1/4
- Poppy Parade Cardstock – 4 1/4 x 3 1/2
- DSP Sample – 4 x 3
- Flax Ribbon – 6 inches
- Vellum Cardstock – 2 1/2 x 2 1/2
Techniques & Tips
- Dry embossed the Thick Whisper White cardstock with the Subtles 3D embossing folder. Remember it is best to use the BLUE 3D Plate for best results.
- Die cut the circle framelit from the Poppy Parade cardstock before you add the DSP sample. This saves cardstock and no will know you stole the center.
- To adhere the Flax Ribbon, I add adhesive to the back of the cardstock and then wrap and tack the ends. I also then add dimensionals over the ends to give it a little more secure grip.
- Stamp your sentiment on the Vellum cardstock and let it dry. It may some time to set. Then punch out with a 2 inch circle punch.
- For the inside, I stamped the greeting first. Then stamped the flower.
- Stamp the Flower image, then add the Poppy Parade ink to color the flower.
Okay, time to hop on to the next blog and check out the next project. Enjoy yourself!
I think we have nearly 20 blogs in all to share, and from all over the globe! So grab your favorite snack and beverage and enjoy the tour. Feel free to leave me and the others comments on our projects, it would be wonderful to have lots of visitors today.
Did you enjoy today’s article on the blog? Would you like treat your creative self to more stampin’ projects I share? Be sure to subscribe on the home page of the website. Each time I post an article… you will get an email directly delivered to you.
Happy Birthday with Peaceful Poppies Quick List of Products
Shop with me, Stamp with me, or simply Share with me!
This helps me, pool host rewards from smaller orders and support me.
All shoppers are entered into the FREE SHIPPING drawing.