Fancy Fold Card Series
Love What You Do – Inner Box Fold Card
Well this card is certainly a surprise when it is opened up by the recipient. Simple on the outside and wow on the inside. I don’t know if there is an official name for this fold. But I have nick named it today the inner box fold card.
Inner Box Fold Card Materials & Measures:
- Grapefruit Grove Cardstock Base – 11 x 4 1/4
- Tranquil Tide Cardstock – inside panels – 4 x 5 1/4
- Whisper White Cardstock – box fold inside – 5 1/2 x 5 1/2
- Grapefruit Grove – inside – 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 (qty 4)
- DSP – Love What You Do -2 1/2 x 2 1/2 (qty 2)
- DSP – Love What You Do – front – 4 x 5 1/4 (cut on angle)
- Tranquil Tide – 3 x 3
- Grapefruit Grove – 3 x 3
- DSP – Love What You Do – belly band – 12 x 1
Inner Box Fold Card Tips & Tricks:
- For the front of the card, take the 4 x 5 1/4 DSP panel and cut it on your paper trimmer along the diagonal.
- The sentiment square could be any shape, decide on your sentiment first, then find a suitable die cut or punch to make the sentiment tag.
- For the inside box fold card – start with your 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 card base.
- Fold in half, and crease with bone folder. Then turn 90 degrees and repeat. So you have 4 square boxes that should measure 2 3/4 x 2 3/4 each.
- Now fold that same cardstock, corner to corner, once. This makes the fold in portion of the box so that your card will close.
- For the decorative squares. 2 Grapefruit Grove squares are stamped and added to the card. (Top and Bottom)
- The Triangle sections, you need to cut the cardstock and the DSP squares along the diagonal. Layer and then add to the card sections.
- If you are lining the top and bottom of the inside of your card you will want to add those liners now.
- Step one to adding Box Card portion – fold the card up into it’s diamond shape. Completely closed. Be sure you have it in the correct position for the stamped images to be up and down when added to the center of the card.
- Step two – add adhesive to the back section of the diamond folded card center. Now position the top point in the crease of the crease of the card base. Also position it center, left and right. Fold the entire card close and press. This will help the adhesive stick.
- Step three – now open the card and add adhesive to the top section of the diamond folded card. Close the card again to adhere it to the card base.
- To create a belly band, simply use a 1 inch strip of DSP. 12 inches gives you enough to over lap and adhere the ends to seal it. Be careful not to wrap and fold the band too tightly around the card base. You want to be able to slip it off easily.
“It’s your card, make it your way!”
If you are shopping online, and your order is under $150, please use the host code. As a thank you, I will send you a hand-stamped card! Plus you will be invited to join my Exclusive Customer Group on Facebook! & have access to all my shared tutorials.
Current Online Host Code
Shop with me, Stamp with me, or simply Share with me.
Did you enjoy today’s article on the blog? Would you like treat your creative self to more stampin’ projects I share? Be sure to subscribe on the home page of the website. Each time I post an article… you will get an email directly delivered to you.