See A Silhouette Catalog Highlight
This Keep Dreaming card from the See A Silhouette Suite sampler in the annual catalog caught my eye right away. First you have to realize that the stunning, brilliantly bright background is a piece of the designer series paper for the suite. Then the tree die cut is from the coordinating dies in the stamp set bundle. The image of the girl is stamped and heat embossed direct to the DSP. It’s a great example of how we put together some of favorite elements from Stampin’ Up! into one project. Today I am going to share the secrets of creating this card.
Catalog Highlight – a skinny tutorial of samples found in the catalog.
Supply Prep for Keep Dreaming Card:
- Crushed Curry Cardstock – 8 1/2 x 11, scored at 4 1/4
- See A Silhouette DSP Sample – 4 x 5 1/4
- Basic Black Cardstock – 5 1/2 x 4 1/4
- Whisper White Cardstock – scrap big enough for the sentiment tag
- Poppy Parade Cardstock – same as Whisper White for layering
- Crushed Curry Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon – 8 inches
Tips & Technique:
- Start with die cutting the Tree Branch image from the Basic Black cardstock with the tree thinlit. Then brush Versa-mark on tree thinlit leave edges, add Shimmer Black Embossing Powder and heat set
- Now with the Stamparatus, stamp the girl image with Staz
On Black. Clean your stamp with the shammy, then stamp in Versa-mark right over the top. Now heat emboss with Black Embossing Powder to get a complete solid image.
- To make the frayed ribbon – strip a thread or two off the Crushed Curry Seam Binding ribbon. This will let you create a soft nest under greeting banner.
Quick List of Products used in this project:
If you are shopping online, and your order is under $150, please use the host code. As a thank you, I will send you a hand-stamped card! Plus you will be invited to join my Exclusive Customer Group on Facebook! & have access to all my shared tutorials.
Current Online Host Code
Did you enjoy today’s article on the blog? Would you like to treat your creative self to more stampin’ projects I share? Be sure to subscribe on the home page of the website. Each time I post an article… you will get an email directly delivered to you.