From the Archives…
Life is a Beautiful Thing with Life Me Up
Original Post Date – July 2017
This is the second card this week to feature the Watercolor Wash technique to create a background. I hope you enjoyed yesterdays project as well. This is a retired set, and a project from my archives. But all the ideas are still relevant, and could be used on other projects. Plus, I know some of you have this set, or similar sets you could use to re-create a card like this!
Life Is A Beautiful Thing Stampin’ Show & Tell Demonstration
Watch as I pull the whole project together for you here in a video. I take you through the technique and the construction of the card itself.
Materials & Measures:
- Very Vanilla 5 ½ x 8 1/2
- Pacific Point 5 ½ x 4 ¼
- Basic Black 5 ¼ x 4
- Watercolor Paper 5 x 3 ¾
- Glimmer Paper 3 x 3 ¾ (large balloon)
- Watercolor Paper 1 ½ x 2 (small balloon)
- Watercolor Paper 2 ½ x 2 ½ (circle punch)
- Envelope: Very Vanilla
Tips & Techniques:
- Pre-moisten your watercolor paper to loosen up the fibers. Get it ready to grab the ink you apply.
- If your watercolor paper gets too wet, you can absorb the excess ink and water with a clean paper towel or shammy.
- When cutting glimmer paper on the big shot, create an envelope to encase the it before cutting
Quick List of Supplies:
** RETIRED ITEMS: Marina Mist Color, Lift Me Up Stamp Set & Dies
End of Catalog Retirement Time!
Once these items are sold out, they are GONE, GONE, GONE!!!
Catalog Ends June 2 2020
From the Archives Series…
I hope you find some inspiration in today’s project. If you want to learn more about my Archives Series link here to the index. You can find other projects there as well.
I’m celebrating my 15th year with Stampin’ Up!
As you can image I have lots of projects I can share… In this collection I offer tips & techniques and when possible, video demonstrations.