From the Archives…
Painted Petals Sample
Original Creation Date: March 2015
So to keep with the Mystery CASE theme this week of Ink + Embossing Folder, I decided to share this archive project that features the Painted Petals stamp set.
This is a project I created with my lovely group of stampers when I was still in CT. It was before my days of video recording my projects. So no Stampin’ Show & Tell video today. Sorry!
But I can take you through the project and let you know how I put it all together.
Painted Petals Project Details
Technique Tips & Tricks:
- I inked the embossing folder with the Crushed Curry Ink. Inserted my Whisper White cardstock, and then embossed it by running it through my Big Shot Machine.
- It looks as though for this sample, I actually inked the depressed side of the folder. Meaning the side with the divots in it. So the flat surface between the flower images got more ink. And the center of the flowers got less.
- For the floral center, I used the Rock & Roll Technique to apply the ink to the stamp. First ink the stamp with the Crushed Curry ink. Then roll the edges of the stamp in the Melon Mambo ink.
- This is a two-step stamp set, so the leaves were stamped separately in the Always Artichoke color. Which is now retired as well.
- To add a little bit of framing, the floral image is backed with a Vellum layer, just a bit larger than the floral square.
- Also the Crushed Curry twine is wrapped twice, and then tied in a bow knot. I layered the floral image on top of the twine, so it just peeks out on the top and bottom.
Materials & Measures:
- Whisper White 8 1/2 x 5 1/2
- Whisper White 5 1/4 x 4
- Vellum 3 1/4 x 3 1/4
- Whisper White 3 x 3
- DSP 1 1/2 x 4 1/2 – (I did not note which paper it was)
Please remember this is an archive project, the stamp set and embossing folder are retired.
If you are shopping online, and your order is under $150, please use the host code. As a thank you, I will send you a hand-stamped card! Plus you will be invited to join my Exclusive Customer Group on Facebook! & have access to all my shared tutorials.
Current Online Host Code
Today is the last day of the 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog & the 2020 Spring Catalog! Don’t miss out on things you really wanted to collect.
End of Catalog Retirement Time!
Once these items are sold out, they are GONE, GONE, GONE!!!
Catalog Ends June 2 2020
From the Archives Series…
I hope you find some inspiration in today’s project. If you want to learn more about my Archives Series link here to the index. You can find other projects there as well.
I’m celebrating my 15th year with Stampin’ Up!
As you can image I have lots of projects I can share… In this collection I offer tips & techniques and when possible, video demonstrations.