Sending Hugs with Greenery Embossing Folders
So, some of the items I (as a demo) was able to pre-order were from the Forever Fern Suite. Items from the new catalog… which will be live this afternoon (grin), was the Forever Fern Suite.
For today’s card sample, I am really only using the embossing folders and paired it with the So Sentimental stamp set. I wanted a big bold sentiment for this card, and I wanted to use the Stitched So Sweetly dies as well.
With keeping with the theme of this weeks Mystery CASE card, I wanted to create another card with ink and the embossing folders. This time around I used the Sponge Dauber to apply Garden Green ink to the embossed cardstock, after I embossed it through my Big Shot Machine.
Sponge Dauber Technique
- First I embossed a 3 inch wide panel of Whisper White cardstock.
- These Greenery Embossing Folders are designed for the New Mini Embossing Machine (p.170 – New Catalog). So they are narrow and long. So I actually embossed a 3 x 8 piece of cardstock. Then trimmed it down to 5 1/2 x 3 for the front of my card. That way I could trim off the ends and use the part of the embossed panel I wanted.
- Then I inked up my Sponge Dauber on the Garden Green ink pad, and started to smudge, dab, and dot my embossed image.
- I wanted the leaves darkest, so I would start by rubbing over the embossed leaves first, and as my ink faded, I rubbed it over the blank sections.
- Repeat this until you have the color saturation you want.
- I really like how you can still see some White in the paper.
Sending Hugs with Greenery Project Details:
Materials & Measures:
- Garden Green Cardstock 8 1/2 x 5 1/2
- Garden Green Cardstock 4 1/4 x 1 /2 – embossed with 2nd Greenery Embossing Folder
- 100# Whisper White Cardstock – 3 x 5 1/2 after embossed and trimmed
- 100# Whisper White Cardstock – scrap for labels used for sentiment
NEW Mini Folder Embossing Tip with BIG SHOT MACHINES
Okay, so listen… these embossing folders are for the NEW Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machines. Which none of us can order yet. Stampin’ Up! is holding off on releasing them, until they are more comfortable with the quantity they have on-hand to ship! But it should be soon.
So how did I use the NEW folder in my OLD machine?
The new folders are different thicknesses than our old folders. The new machines have different pressure plate adjustments from the old machines and from each other!
That’s right! The thickness of the embossing folders are different between the New Mini, the New Full Size, and the old style embossing folders. I know… it’s a true headache, but, here is what I have found out with these mini folders.
My BIG SHOT with Mini Folder Sandwich…
- Fully Closed Big Shot Standard Base – with both flaps or shims in use.
- Insert the cardstock into your folder.
- Lay your folder on the top of the BASE.
- Use the BLUE 3D plate on top of the folder
- Run it through the machine.
It worked great for me. It may not be as perfect an impression as it might be with the new machine. But as long as my Big Shot is working, I do not intent to invest in a new machine. We will just play with different shims or plate sandwiched and make it work!
Sending Hugs with Greenery Quick List:
Have you played in this weeks Mystery CASE Card challenge yet? Remember to snap a photo and email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can tag your name on it and then share it here at the end of the week.