From the Archives…
Today I am sharing an archive project that features the Lift Me Up Bundle (retired), but I thought it played well with this weeks Mystery CASE challenge. It is not an exact copy of the project from Monday, but similar. And remember CASE – Copy and Selectively Edit, means edits are allowed and welcome.
Before we compare the projects, I do have a video demonstration to share for this Lift Me Up card creation. Enjoy the video and then we can compare the two cards.
Sending Smiles Stampin’ Show & Tell Demonstration
Materials & Measures:
- Very Vanilla Cardstock – 11 x 4 ¼ (score at 5 ½)
- Crumb Cake 5 ¼ x 4
- Soft Sky 5 ¼ x 2
- Very Vanilla 1 ¾ Circle Punch
- Lacy Doily
- Very Vanilla 3 ½ x 2 ¼ (die cut balloons)
- Very Vanilla 2 x ¾ (stamp sentiment & trim to size)
- Envelope: Very Vanilla
Quick List of Products:
** Lift Me Up Bundle is retires, and so if the Soft Sky color **
Now let’s compare!
Let’s look at the similarities and differences between Monday’s CASE and this card.
- Both cards have stamped backgrounds that are carried over on to the second layer. However, the first card has a long tag banner and the second has a simple layer of cardstock.
- Both have some embellishment on the slimmer layer. However, the first has stamped images, and the second has stamped and die cut elements, layered on a doily.
- Both are inset from the actual card base to create a framed look to the face of the card project. However, the first is layered on a coordinated color panel, and this is one is not.
- Both sentiments are stamped in the focal color, and placed to meld into the design, instead of drawing attention away from the actual images.
So, as you can see, you can take a card you see here on the blog, or on Pinterest, or in any of our catalogs… and CASE it! You are welcome to CASE cards with me. Come join me each week, through the summer, as I continue to share Mystery CASE challenges.
Have you played in the Card Candy Challenge yet this month?
Learn all about the May Mystery Card Challenge.