Sending You Thoughts with Painted Poppies
Hello stampers! So today I am sharing this project that features not only a new Spring catalog set – Painted Poppies, but also a Sale-a-bration set – Sending You Thoughts. There is also a fun technique used here to create the painted DSP with your paper, ink, and stamps.
This card was created to enter into the Freshly Made Sketch Challenge 417. You can link to their blog challenge here and see all the other projects entered as well. Such great inspiration is shared each week. You never know when you will be enlightened by another project and want to make it yourself.
Sending You Thoughts with Painted Poppies Card Project
- To create the custom DSP for this card I used three ink colors and the large watercolor blotch stamp from the Painted Poppies stamp set.
- I started with the Crushed Curry, it is usually advised that you start with the lightest color and then repeat with each color in gradual darkness.
- So, I stamped the image repeatedly on my Whisper White cardstock to fill the space.
- Then repeated with the Poppy Parade, but be careful not to fill as much, as you want to then repeat with the Rich Razzleberry.
- You want the colors to overlap, but also stand on their own.
- Then with Memento ink, I stamped the outline poppy image from the stamp set as well, filling the space with detailed flower images.
- After I let it dry, I added Wink of Stella to the center of the stamped flower images to just a bit of sparkle!
Quick List of Products
Shop with me, Stamp with me, or simply Share with me!
Did you enjoy today’s article on the blog? Would you like treat your creative self to more stampin’ projects I share? Be sure to subscribe on the home page of the website. Each time I post an article… you will get an email directly delivered to you.
The Spring Catalogs have started! Shop for new product and earn some Sale-a-bration items as well. Here are the cover’s of the new Spring Mini Catalog and the Sale-a-bration Promotion Catalog.
Do you want a catalog? If you’d like to receive a copy of the new catalogs then please contact me directly. I am asking that non-VIP customers purchase a $10 gift certificate, which will allow me to cover the cost of the catalogs and shipping now. But will allow you to save $10 on your future order.