Thanks for Making It Easy for FMS425
Today’s project was crafted for the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #425. I wanted to keep the design simple and easy. So instead of adding elements to the top panel of the card, I decided to die cut them away! I also wanted to use the Garden Lane DSP, which I have featuring in projects this month. I variety of green designer series paper in this package make it a great addition to any card.
Take a look at all the patterns. Any one of them could be used in this card design.
Here is a look at the original sketch offered up by Freshly Made Sketches. You can visit the blog directly through this linked image. Check out all the other projects that were created by their design team and the other crafters like you and me.
Thanks for Making It Easy for FMS425 Project Details:
Materials & Measures:
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock – 8 1/2 x 51/2
- Garden Lane DSP – 3 7/8 x 5 1/8
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock – 3 3/4 x 5
- Whisper White Cardstock – 2 x 3 (butterfly)
- Garden Lane DSP – 4 x 7/8 (on the inside)
- Whisper White Envelope
Tips & Techniques:
- I die cut the front panel using the Tasteful Backgrounds dies.
- Then I layered a panel of the Garden Lane DSP behind so the color would show through the die cut image and also outline the Whisper White panel.
- For the butterfly embellishment, I stamped the oval image in Garden Green ink onto a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock. Then used the Butterfly Duet Punch to punch it out.
- I also added 4 mini pearls along the body for detail.
- To secure the butterfly, I just rolled a glue dot and adhered the center of the body to the card.
Quick List of Products:
Did you enjoy today’s article on the blog? Would you like treat your creative self to more stampin’ projects I share? Be sure to subscribe on the home page of the website. Each time I post an article… you will get an email directly delivered to you.