Timeless Tropical Birthday
Hello stampers, so over the weekend, I had a little bit of time to craft in the stamp studio! I pulled up the weekly challenges on the blogs I like to follow and created this card project for the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #422.
I used the new Timeless Tropical Bundle from the Spring Mini Catalog. The stamp set, coordinating dies, and the Coastal Weave 3D Embossing Folder. Of course, the sketch laid out my card design, so I just had to cut, stamp, and assemble the pieces! Sometimes creating from someone else’s sketch ideas can be a great way to get creative quickly.
Here is the sketch, and remember, you can visit their blog with this link, and see all the other projects that were entered along with mine. Plus the design teams card projects as well. You never know where inspiration for a project might be found. And if you click into a project link, you might consider leaving a comment. Comments are like diamonds to those of us who blog. It is great to get feedback, and know that our creative projects are appreciated.
Timeless Tropical Birthday Card Project
Materials & Measures:
- Mango Melody Cardstock – 11 x 4 1/4
- DSP – Tropical Oasis – 2 x 5 1/2
- Whisper White Cardstock – 3 3/4 x 2 5/8 – Qty 2
- Mango Melody Cardstock – 4 1/4 x 3
- Whisper White Cardstock – 5 x 3 3/4
- Whisper White Envelope
Tips & Techniques:
- Start by embossing the front of your card with the Coastal Weave 3D folder. For best results I do recommend the Blue 3D Embossing Plate.
- Use two of the Rectangular Stitched frames to create the Mango Melody frame for the Palm Tree focal point.
- Stamp the Palm Tree image in Soft Suede on both Whisper White cardstock panels. One will be colored with the Blends to create the background shading. The other is to be die cut with the coordinating frame, then trimmed to just the Palm Tree tops, and added to the top of the image.
- Add a small linen thread bow to the bottom corner of the frame with a mini glue dot.
If you are shopping online, and your order is under $150, please use the host code. As a thank you, I will send you a hand-stamped card! Plus you will be invited to join my Exclusive Customer Group on Facebook! & have access to all my shared tutorials.
Current Online Host Code
Timeless Tropical Quick List of Products:
Did you enjoy today’s article on the blog? Would you like treat your creative self to more stampin’ projects I share? Be sure to subscribe on the home page of the website. Each time I post an article… you will get an email directly delivered to you.