From the Archives…
To You With Love
Original Posting Date: November 30 2017
Happy Valentine’s Day stampers! As you know, I am trying to include some fun projects from my archives on the Blog. Archive projects may include retired items, and well, today’s includes mostly retired items… But, I know and you know that all elements could be changed to CASE the card. And I bet, many of you have these elements in your stash of crafting items.
I hope you enjoy the project. The video at the time was a series I had named Stamp & Share. And I was offering product share kits as well. But, sadly, these items are no longer available in my personal stash of items.
I think you will find the video demonstration helpful. I take you through all the steps of the project and give you tips and tricks along the way. Like using Wax Paper on your intricate dies to help them release easier from the dies after cutting. And how to add elements and place them for good balance.
To You With Love Video Demonstration
Materials & Measures:
- Basic Black Cardstock – 5 ½ x 8 ½
- Rose Red Cardstock – 5 ¼ x 4
- DSP – Merry Little Christmas – 5 ⅛ x 3 ⅞
- Delicate Doily
- Rose Red Cardstock – 2 ¾ x 2 ¾ (heart die)
- Vellum – 3 x 4 ¼
- Whisper White Cardstock – 3 ⅞ x 5 ¼ (inside liner)
- DSP – Merry Little Christmas – 3 ⅞ x ¾ (inside trim)
- Ribbon 6 inches
- Envelope Whisper White
Steps to Follow:
Stamp: Ink your stamp with Rose Red, and stamp on the Vellum card stock. Be careful not to smudge or slide it when you stamp, Vellum can be tricky. Also let it DRY or heat set with a heat tool.
BIG SHOT Die Cut, Emboss, Paper Snip:Die cut the heart image. (I did use a layer of wax paper between the die and the card stock). Die cut the LOVE stamp with the second largest oval die. (BE SURE IT IS DRY FIRST!)
- Use snail to adhere the DSP to the Rose Red mount.
- Adhere the Vellum to the Delicate Doily and then to the DSP for the card front.
- Add snail to the edges of the back of the Rose Red and then Wrap the Ribbon around the edges and press into the adhesive. Now add the whole item to the face of the card.
- Using the Fine Tip Glue, add the heart to the card front. Embellish with a Rhinestone.
- Line the card with the Whisper White cardstock and add the DSP strip to the bottom for embellishment.
To You With Love Product List:
** Remember, most of these items are retired.
From the Archives…
These projects (from the archives…), are from previous years of my stampin’ journey. Part of my goal for this website and blog are to capture my project history and have a foundation for sharing what I love to do. Creating with paper, ink and rubber stamps!
I hope will enjoy these projects, even though they may be with retired products. Remember crafting techniques and card layouts are always repeatable and can be CASED into a new project.
I also ask that you be patient if a video is shared. In the early days of recording my projects I didn’t have as lovely a set up as I do now. Which I am very grateful to my dear sweetheart for crafting for me.
I hope you find some inspiration in today’s project.
Did you enjoy today’s article on the blog? Would you like treat your creative self to more stampin’ projects I share? Be sure to subscribe on the home page of the website. Each time I post an article… you will get an email directly delivered to you.