You Make Me Happy
Today I am sharing a demo swap card created by a BZB Team member Tamie. She has created a wonderful sample of a water color image, as well as a framed layout. Her use of just three colors is wonderful as well.
You Make Me Happy Card Details
- Granny Apple Green is both the card base and the leaf color.
- Calypso Coral is used to paint the blossoms on the card, also to stamp the sentiment.
She has used the Forever Blossoms stamp set and coordinating dies to create a beautiful water colored blossom to sprawl across the card. The sentiment is from the Perfectly Framed stamp set – YOU MAKE ME HAPPY! The layered embellishments come from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies, to create borders and lovely layers.
Watercolor Technique Tips:
- One way to get ink to watercolor with is to drop a few drops of ink refill inside the cover of your ink pad.
- Then apply water from your Aqua Painter to lighten the color.
- Control the wetness of your brush, to control the ink spread on the watercolor paper.
- If you want less control, pre-moisten your watercolor paper.
- For more control, paint on dry watercolor paper.
- The more washed out the color is the lighter it gets. So some of it looks light enough to maybe mimic Petal Pink.
- The dryer the brush… the darker the application of color. You can see at the center of the blossoms, the ink is used at full strength.
Quick Supply List:
Online Host Code – XT3CCBTY
Retiring List of Products
You can see it best online! Remember, current bundles will be retired, but some may just be separated into stamp set and die set as individual items. If you want to check with me about that, reach out to me by email or comment on this post. Remember, the 10% bundle pricing will end with these bundled items. So it you want them, and want to save 10%, get them now.
Retiring Stamp Sets are only guaranteed through May 22nd.
Blends are shown as retiring, but really it’s the way they are sold will change. They will only be sold as a combo pack in the new catalog.
Snail Adhesive is retiring, but Stampin’ Up! will be replacing it with a new adhesive. If you want REFILLS – get them NOW!
End of Catalog Retirement Time!
Once these items are sold out, they are GONE, GONE, GONE!!!
Catalog Ends June 2 2020
Did you enjoy today’s article on the blog?
Do you want to stay in the know?
Be sure to subscribe on the home page of the website. Each time I post an article… you will get an email directly delivered to you.